Friday, April 9, 2021

ALMOST ALTERATIONS.


It’s nerve-racking writing a blog. At least it is for me. For so many reasons. But one above all: mistakes. Not grammar and spelling ones or factual errors. I’m content to leave those be. I’m talking about all the content related would-haves, could-haves and should-haves that often arise after I click ‘post’. And although I’m willing to leave well enough alone for the most part, certain slip-ups continue to really bug me. I often wish I could go back and add a little something here, fix a little something there. Thankfully, I can do whatever I want with this blog, so I’m allowing myself to do just that with this post; a celebration of second chances. Call them corrections. Call them omissions. Call them whatever. These are the alterations I would make if I had the chance… having given myself the chance.



FUNNIEST FIFTY.


original post:

http://almostentertainment.blogspot.com/2020/04/funniest-fifty.html


There are a few movies that just missed making my list of the 50 funniest movies I’ve ever seen. But one in particular stands out, because I consciously took it out of the running from the get-go. There’s no denying this movie’s hilarity. It is one of the funniest I’ve ever seen. But at the time I told myself I found it more ‘moving’ than ‘funny’. And for that one idiotic reason I moved on and never again questioned its candidacy. Had I, I would have realized how stupid that reasoning was. So I’d like to officially add it to the list as #51.


____________________________________________________


THE TWENTY TENS.


original post:

http://almostentertainment.blogspot.com/2020/04/the-twenty-tens_18.html


Shortly after posting this list, I saw a movie that absolutely belongs on it.


____________________________________________________


OFFICIAL TEASER.


original post:

http://almostentertainment.blogspot.com/2020/05/official-teaser.html


What we have here will be most often the case with these - a case of simply forgetting to include something. I try very hard to make sure I’m not doing so with every list I make, but you can’t always remember everything. It’s bound to happen. And in my ode to teaser trailers, this one plumb slipped my mind.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgVo96JaqeM

















_____________________________________________________


TRACKING.


original post:

http://almostentertainment.blogspot.com/2020/05/tracking.html


I committed a cardinal sin when assembling this list. I left stuff off because it was brought to us by the same people who were featured later on down the list. At the time, I mostly justified it as not wanting to double-up, as well as making fair room for others. But I hate it when others do that with lists, so why did I feel compelled myself? I honestly don’t know. Shame on me. Here are a few commentary tracks that should have been honourably mentioned in this ‘pick six’.





____________________________________________________


TERRIFIBLE.


original post:

http://almostentertainment.blogspot.com/2020/05/terrifible.html


I initially thought this list was too long. So I cut off my top fifteen picks. I’ve since shared some excessively longer lists and feel a little silly about having posted this one incompletely. Plus, I believe these movies and their makers definitely deserve a shout out, as they are oh-so very terrifible. I’ve also seen two movies since originally posting the list that deserve a spot on it and filed them in accordingly.







































____________________________________________________


STRAIGHT FROM THE BOTTOM

OF THE DISCOUNT HORROR BARREL.


original post:

http://almostentertainment.blogspot.com/2020/06/straight-from-bottom-of-discount-horror.html


I once sprang awake in a panic, realizing I’d forgotten to include this...























____________________________________________________


VIDEOS OF MUSIC, VOL 2.


original post:

http://almostentertainment.blogspot.com/2020/11/videos-of-music-vol-2.html


I hadn’t seen this until recently, and immediately wished I could go back in time and give it the fifth spot, bumping its current holder to an honourable mention.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-UnzRM24IM



















____________________________________________________


A TASTE OF MY TASTE.


original post:

http://almostentertainment.blogspot.com/2021/01/a-taste-of-my-taste.html


This EP was mistakingly left out of the post script. I made the graphic for it and everything. It just somehow slipped through the cracks during the upload. My apologies, Ashe.


MORAL OF THE STORY: CHAPTER 1
Ashe

















____________________________________


SOFT CHRISTMAS SCENES.


original post:

http://almostentertainment.blogspot.com/2020/12/soft-christmas-scenes.html


Each of these were initially left off for the following reasons…


"Central Park Pond" from KING KONG (2005)

I hesitated to include this scene because it’s far from my favourite sequence in this movie. But in retrospect that’s a pretty silly reason to rule it out entirely, because I do like it very much. It belongs on this list.



"How Do You Know How My Life Has Been?"
from
PHANTOM THREAD (2017)

I initially deemed this one not ‘Christmasy’ enough, as no character references nor specifies the holiday in any dialogue and it’s only the surrounding seasonal decorations that suggest it’s Christmas. So I left it off… and instantly regretted it.



"Epilogue" from
THE UMBRELLAS OF CHERBOURG (1964)

I recently listed this as my 130th favourite movie of all time, so you’d have thought I remembered that the moving finale takes place at Christmas. Sadly, I did not. I remembered the snow, just not that it was that particular time of year.

No comments: