Saturday, April 18, 2020

THE TWENTY TENS.

by Hunter Jon

I’m not sure what people call the decade that just ended. But it’s over now. It has been for months. So it’s most definitely a little late to list my favourite movies from it, but I’m going to anyway. Before I do, though, I must say - it’s very rare that I see a movie I consider to be brilliant. Sometimes a whole year will go by and I haven’t seen one movie that I truly love. So when I do I get excited to say the least. I’ll inevitably label it a masterpiece and it will go on to hold a very special place in my movie-going history. And, while making this list, I was delightfully surprised to find more movies on it than I had anticipated. I guess I had a better time at the movies this past decade than I remember. And that’s quite a nice thing to be reminded of. I should point out that I didn’t even come close to seeing every single movie released in the last ten years, naturally. These are just the much beloved masterpieces out of everything I did happen to see. So here they are - my absolute favourite movies of, uh… let’s just call them the twenty tens. That can’t be right, though. Whatever. Here’s the list…



















No comments: